Feature proposal: mobileActualAllowedOrientations?

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Sun Jan 28 14:50:25 EST 2018

That's what I was think of...

Here's the deal in order to give any UI experience using LCS:

1) We need a property called "overideDeviceOrientationLock" (or whatever you
want to call it).
   a) if true then apps can allow any orientation regardless of the devices
settings.
   B) If false the app is locked into the device's settings.
2) If your app is open and the device is changed to lock into orientation
"A". If the app's "overideDeviceOrientationLock" is false, if the app is not
currently in orientation "A" then the screen is rotated to orientation "A"
and the standard orientationchanged and resizestack messages are sent.
3) If the device is in orientation "A" and the LCS orientations allowed is
set to "B" and either the device is not locked in a specific orientation OR
"overideDeviceOrientationLock" is set to true then screen is rotated to
orientation "B" and the standard orientationchanged and resizestack messages
are sent.
4) Forcing an app to change orientation via LCS(using allowed orientations)
works only iPhones but not for iPads or Android. If your iPhone is in
orientation "A" and LCS changes the allowed orientation is set to "B", the
screen will rotate and the appropriate messages are sent, but like I said
not on iPads or Android.

If we implement #1 and fix #4 and LC uses rules #2 and #3, then all options
are available.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services