Good pinch-to-zoom in image object?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jan 27 19:24:53 EST 2018

Alex Tweedly wrote:

 > On 27/01/2018 22:51, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >> All this has me wondering:  Have you ever seen a mobile app that
 >> displays images but *doesn't* support pinch-to-zoom?
 >>
 > Ummm - on IOS I can think of  (I've just re-tested these to be
 > certain):
 > Facebook
 > WhatsApp
 > kind of ... Instagram
 >      (it zooms - but then shrinks back as soon as you release, so it's
 > barely usable, unlike other apps which hold the zoom level and allow
 > you to move the zoomed image around)
 >
 > and also I believe, Amazon App (I can't retest it now - I was so
 > annoyed/disappointed with the app that I deleted it for various
 > reasons - but I am sure inability to zoom properly was one of them).

We're way OT on this, but FWIW FB does support zooming if you tap the
link below the image labeled something like "See Full Image".

Similarly, Amazon does but only after you tap on the image so it opens
the image viewer.

And yes, Instagram's snap-back is super-annoying.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems