updating text of a mobile app (newbie)

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 00:10:05 EST 2018

Noob again.

This works on the dektop but not on an Android device:

on mouseUp
   put url "http://mysite.com/dir/file.txt" into tTextToDecode
   put textDecode(tTextToDecode,"UTF-8") into field "the text"
end mouseUp

I looked in LC dictionary "put" but only thing was "Note: The Android and
iOS engines do not support 'libUrl' but do allow you to use put in the
background. "