OT: system recommendation

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Jan 10 11:44:53 EST 2018

If not data is being stored on the raid, and is only being used for post processing, then the more drives you add to a stripe, the faster it can be, with the limitation of the external interface. I hear Thunderbolt interfaces scream but are pricey.

Also, you will need to have some kind of backup for current projects. Last thing you want is to lose the stripe the day before final rendering. Ask me how I know. Barring that, a RAID 5 may be a better choice, but it's not as fast.

Bob S