any tricks to make SHELL non blocking?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:21:59 EST 2018

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Stephen Barncard via use-livecode <

> Mike Bonner:  I'll try the Open Process suggestion you made - again with
> more syntax variations this time. thanks!
>
> Dr Hawkins - I don't have control over the name of the CD source file..

You can change them.   once you have the name in filNam,

put filNam into newFilNam

replace space with "\ " in filNam

replace space with "_" in newFilNam

get shell ("mv filNam newFilNam")

or, just use newFilNam--but spaces in filenames are always going to hurt
and cause problem, not mater the source.

> Dr Hawkins:  when you say "escape spaces" do you mean something like
>
> \%20

ack, no!  that's html!

> or
>
> \[actual space char]

yes, this--it's not a regex, but the shell recognizes this an a couple of
others, some with different meanings than in a regex

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462