this session has lapsed?

Heather Laine heather at livecode.com
Tue Feb 6 04:15:41 EST 2018

Stephen, I'm confused. Maybe you are too? If you have a subscription to LiveCode, it remains current for the term of the subscription. If the subscription is cancelled your access to the purchased, commercial, Indy/Business LiveCode product will cease. This has been the case since version 6.0 was released, together with the free open source Community Edition.

If you purchased an edition prior to the release of 6.0, this will not apply to that edition, the older licenses were permanent and not dependent on a subscription. All licenses later than 6.0 will phone home from time to time to check validity.

If at any point in our conversations in support I have confused you on this point, I apologise. I've read through the correspondence I have found and I do see a number of occasions when I have at least attempted to explain this. I appreciate that our licensing can be confusing at times.

Regards,

Heather

Heather Laine
Customer Services Manager