Navigator update: better conversion to behaviors, better property editing, better version control, and send to private commands
gcanyon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 01:52:01 EST 2018
The update is now available here
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcqxxriwzzjcm45/navigator_5.zip?dl=1>. I haven't
updated the documentation yet. The main changes are:
1. The whole convert-to-behaviors and restore-from-behaviors bit has been
moved to its own custom palette, opened from Navigator. This makes the
whole process much clearer, and setting the options is easier and more
2. There's a preview for the naming template process -- again, easier and
more foolproof, and a dropdown offers some pre-made options.
3. The dialog's working list is derived from the selection in Navigator
when the command is issued, but it's text -- anything can be modified,
deleted, or added before processing.
4. There is a button to add enclosed objects. So it's possible to select a
group, card, or stack in Navigator, select the command, and then add
enclosed objects to include all the controls in that container -- or
containers, it processes everything in the list.
5. There is a button to add behavior chains, so it's possible to select one
control that has a chain of fifty behaviors, and click the button to add
them all to the list to be processed.
6. Both Convert and Restore have a preview option -- use it and the
resulting log will show exactly what will be done, without actually doing
any of it.
More information about the Use-livecode