Musings on Architect, MVC, Nested Behaviors

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Dec 27 00:08:42 EST 2018

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 2:42 PM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <

> Besides the impact of my current workload, I'm afraid this complexity is
> what prevented me from continuing to work on Swami's project. There are
> now
> so many disparate parts and pieces that unless you have a firm knowledge
> of
> every library and behavior script, there is no easy way to participate.

In addition, remote debugging doesn't work with script only stacks so
> that's
> an additional obstruction to overcome.

I thought I had used the remote debugger with iOS development before. I
just add a "debugger" line to the script and the debugger opens up. Perhaps
I'm misremembering though. What is it that doesn't work?

> I know there is enthusiasm for script only stacks and they are really
> helpful for those who use git. But when git isn't a target, the old
> fashioned way is really much easier to follow and debug.

Behaviors and script only stacks can lead to confusing designs if not
organized thoughtfully. My feeling is that either approach can lead to a
confusing architecture though. Whether you use all binary stacks or you mix
in script only stacks, a lot of it comes down to organization and the
ability to browse based on organization.

--
Trevor DeVore
CTO - ScreenSteps