Understanding Image Sizes, Before And After Display

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Dec 23 13:32:18 EST 2018

Ha! Klaus...
Yes! You did it again...Merry Christmas!

And thanks for the gift...
This works, for example,  (real use case)

# I want to get to the original size for a button icon named img "gems"
# are re-crop it...(actual a whole layout of buttons the same size)

 on Mouseup
# find the  original "diamond-sparkle-small.jpg"
   answer file "Select the image you wish to view:" with type "JPEG Images|jpg|JPEG"
      put it into tFilename
      set the filename of image tempImage to tFilename
     createEmbedAndCrop
end mouseUp

command createEmbedAndCrop
   Create image "gems"
   set the loc of grc "newCrop" to the loc of img "tempImage"
   put url("binfile:" & the filename of img "tempImage") into img "gems"
   set the loc of img "gems" to the loc of img "tempImage"
   crop image "gems" to the rect of grc "newCrop"
end createEmbedAndCrop

# Fantastic, I can put this on a repeat loop for a design change for a whole group of buttons and simple change the grc "newCrop"

BR

 Klaus major-k wrote:

    ## what about:
    put url("binfile:" & the filename of img "theImage") into img "gems"