Binary Rejected!

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Fri Aug 24 01:48:18 EDT 2018

Hello,

My recent iOS app uploaded to Apple was rejected because the dialog asking for access to your location didn’t say why the app wanted to use location services.  Apple said, “We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access their location but does not clarify the use of this feature in the permission modal alert.”

I found the “NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription” key in the app’s info.plist and changed it.  But, when I uploaded the app to Apple, the Application loaded app reported the following error:

ERROR ITMS-90035: "Invalid Signature. Invalid Info.plist (plist or signature have been modified). The file at path [xxxxxxx.app/xxxxxxxx] is not properly signed. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target. For more information, please consult https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html"

Obviously, they didn’t like me messing with the info.plist.  So, what the solution?   Is there a way to edit the “NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription” key?   Assuming that’s the correct thing to be editing?

Any assistance would be VERY appreciated!

-Dan