Best way to store videos

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 19:06:32 EDT 2018

Peter:
I had self-hosted a few small videos, all in mp4 format. I hadn’t checked many video players, tho, but when I changed hosting services, for my wordpress site, the video appeared offset to the right (same code as prev hosting), in the iframe. I couldn’t get it to view correctly, and gave up. However, the Youtube and Vimeo versions played fine. Then, googling around led me to a bunch of probably obsolete examples of what needs to be done to play videos on a wide variety of browsers. So, in my search for a solution that would work for both livecode apps and my wordpress site, I tried Youtube and Vimeo. Vimeo has a low cost plan of $7/mo, which would fit my needs.

So, I’ll probably go with Vimeo. But, it’s good to know that mp4 will play in all browsers.

Best,
Bill