Surprise...

jbv jbv at souslelogo.com
Mon Aug 20 05:00:35 EDT 2018

Hi list,

I have the following script :

repeat with a = 1 to 34
 repeat with b = 1 to 10
  repeat with c = 1 to 11
   repeat with d = 1 to 10
    repeat with e = 1 to 34
     --get item a of line 1 of tvar & tab & item b of line 2 of tvar & tab
& item c of line 3 of tvar & tab & item d of line 4 of tvar & tab &
item e of line 5 of tvar
     --get T[1][a] & tab & T[2][b] & tab & T[3][c] & tab & T[4][d] & tab &
T[5][e]
    end repeat
   end repeat
  end repeat
 end repeat
end repeat

When I run these nested loops with the line "get item a of line 1 of
tvar...",
it is twice faster than with the line "get T[1][a]...".
This a surprise to me because I have used arrays for years to speed up
things, and AFAIK it takes forever to count items and lines at each repeat
iteration...
Or am I missing something ?
This is on LC9 server, on-rev account.

Best,