fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Sun Aug 19 23:21:50 EDT 2018

The stack is built for iPhone 6/7/8 Plus dimensions (414px wide).  This
means that the navigation bar is a little too wide to show properly on a
regular iPhone 6/7/8.  The icons are 384px wide (edge to edge) and those
phones are only 375px wide.  If you also want to target the iPhone 4/5/5s
then the max width is 320px.  I'm not sure what the fleet of widths would
need to be supported on the Android side though.

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 10:13 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <

> It does work on Android, but you need to move all the group controls as
> well as the group. That's just how things are without fullscreenMode, you
> have to account for every object. I don't think it's a bug, more an
> enhancement request maybe, but the response may be that you should just use
> mobileSetFullScreenRectForOrientations, which was implemented just for
> that situation.

I can't speak directly to Android, but once you start doing resize
handlers, I can't see using fullscreenmode.  If you are going to position
anything, may as well position it based on actual device metrics.

On iOS, all of the controls within the footer group moved without having to
touch them individually.

Thanks,
Brian