fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 19 23:13:59 EDT 2018

On 8/19/18 9:37 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> "Intuitively" resize stack is all that is required.
> And, "intuitively" a group should place all controls relative to itself.
>
> And it does on iOS

I think that was just incidental. The original stack was sized to fit
the same iPhone you own, so the footer didn't need to move. If you'd
created the stack to fit an Android device I suspect it would have
worked there and not on iOS. The ratios are different.

> Jacque had her finger on it with this comment.
>
> Jacque (off list)
>
> "I see. That looks like a redraw problem. The resizeStack handler is working but the
 >redraw fails. I did notice the icons were missing but didn't try to
figure out why. A quick

test says the footer is visible in portrait and false in landscape, but
it isn't being drawn

to screen for some reason. I think that's the bug to report."

I was wrong, it wasn't a bug. It wasn't drawing because it was
offscreen, so the engine didn't bother with it. Brian woke me up to
that. Once you moved the footer into the stack region it redraws.

> It work on iOS and Android! (if someone could try in an android tablet I would
 >appreciate), so it works, and I have a bug to report.

It does work on Android, but you need to move all the group controls as
well as the group. That's just how things are without fullscreenMode,
you have to account for every object. I don't think it's a bug, more an
enhancement request maybe, but the response may be that you should just
use mobileSetFullScreenRectForOrientations, which was implemented just
for that situation.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com