Fun with Windows 10

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 03:03:21 EDT 2018

Oh dear, my reply was part of a story I like to tell because my parents
had lots of well-meaning friends who were convinced that those stereotypes
were eternal verities, and had lots of sadistic fun informing my parents
that I'd grow up to be 'queer': which I did, but not in the way they meant!

The most amusing thing in my childhood was watching the faces of those
'friends' after they had pointed out that my setting up tea parties with
my sister's dolls (while she was zooming my toy cars around the place)
was a 100% guarantee of something unsuitable in my later years, my father
pointed out that he was always getting into trouble for dressing up in
his sister's clothes.

My father is, needless to say as normal as all the males in our family .
. . and, what is more, has always stated that a child's play is a
child's play and
adults should never, under any circumstances, interfere in it or try to
steer it is some sort of 'suitable' direction.

I am quite sure that well-meaning adults interfering in a child's play
does one hell of a lot of damage: while, if children are left to their own
devices they will reach some sort of satisfactory adulthood with a good
modicum of contentment.

Richmond.