Fun with Windows 10

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 14 17:04:48 EDT 2018

On 8/14/18 11:26 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> That's why I'm saving up for a Petticoat 5

A brief diversion:

I have always hated pink since I can remember. I climbed trees and read
books up there as soon as I was able.

When I was some high 1-digit age, I asked for a chemistry set for my
birthday. My mom was shocked, didn't I want a nice doll? No, I wanted a
chemistry set. I got one, but was disappointed that the most advanced
thing it would do was write with "invisible ink" made from lemon juice.
I wanted to blow up the bathroom.

When I was approaching puberty I asked for a Kenner Girder and Panel
set. This was a bunch of preformed, snap-together plastic pieces that
allowed you to construct buildings and skyscrapters. My mom was
appalled. Wouldn't a nice play kitchen be better? No, it wouldn't.

When I went to college my mom nagged me constantly to wear more makeup,
paint my eyes like a boll weevil, and "do something with your hair,"
preferably helmet hair. She kept telling me that was the only way to
catch a man. I told her I didn't want to catch one, I wanted to find one
who liked me for how I was. She was positive I would never marry. But I
did, and we still are, and my sister who wore more makeup masks and
slept in beer-can rollers is on her third husband.

I would never buy a girlie computer. Besides, I've never in my life had
long fingernails.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com