stackfiles

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 9 11:20:27 EDT 2018

Klaus major-k wrote:

 > I mean if stack xyz has its stackfile property set, can other stack
 > access this property just like the stack xyz scripts?

Every property of every object in every stack on your hard drive is
available to every script.

An object does no need to be loaded into memory to be accessed.  If you
query a property of an object in an unopened stack, the engine will
faithfully read the stack and unpack it to return what you're requesting.

If the stack is already in memory, you can refer to it by short name.

   get the width of btn 1 of stack "MyStack"

In memory or not, you can refer to a stack by its filename:

   get the width of btn 1 of stack "/home/klaus/MyStack.livecode"

When a stack file is included among the stackfiles property of an open
stack, you should be able to address it by short name if you like.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems