[OT] The problem with programming and how to fix it

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Aug 6 13:20:01 EDT 2018

But that too is an illusion. The mysterious servers are not really "learning". They are taking input and then processing it according to rules that a group of software developer somewhere defined. That's why the "A" in "AI" means "Artificial". I think (and therefore I am) we need to keep this focus, otherwise a lot of time and energy will be spent trying to make an inanimate object into a living creature that actually *can* learn. What is REALLY needed these days is finding a way to teach children how to learn, something modern school systems seem to have neglected.

Bob S