valueDiff for arrays?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sun Aug 5 12:08:58 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-05 17:36, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> This is getting pretty contorted and is becoming less like natural
> language. For what it's worth, I have never been confused by the
> current use of filter. I think of it as pouring soup through a wire
> strainer. Filtering "with" keeps the solids. Filtering "without" dumps
> them and keeps the liquid.

I honestly can't see how:

filter lines of X with Y

Is less contorted and more natural language than:

filter X by keeping lines matching Y

The former *requires* 'arcane' knowledge to comprehend (it is a
significant contraction of concepts - you need to know the contractions
precisely to understand it!) - the latter does precisely what it says -
it is actually a fully correct and full English sentence...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps