valueDiff for arrays?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sat Aug 4 12:25:08 EDT 2018

On 08/04/2018 08:57 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> On a related note, I get the feeling I might have irked Mr Wieder the
> other day with regards the android permission thing - that wasn't my

No, not irked, and sorry if I gave that impression.
My point was simply that the way I would approach this is (pseudocode
follows)

function mobilePermissions
   switch platform
     case "iOS"
       return iosPermissions
       break
     case "Android"
       return androidPermissions
       break
   end switch
end mobilePermissions

private function iosPermissions
   return_the_array_of_ios_permissions
end iosPermissions

private function androidPermissions
   throw "not yet implemented"
end androidPermissions

...document the fact that mobilePermissions is available *only* on iOS
for now, and then flesh out the Android function later on. My thinking
being that developers could use the mobileXXX functions when developing
for iOS and then not have to change their code for Android down the line.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com