A poor man's app updater

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Fri Aug 3 21:59:52 EDT 2018

Yes, specialFolderPath would be good to use.  On a desktop, I'm not sure
that I'd want non-user facing data stored in the documents location unless
you configure it to be hidden.  Windows and Mac both have "support" folders
defined.  "library" would be the place on iOS.  Android doesn't have one
that makes sense off hand (other than "documents").  Linux doesn't have one
specified either, but you have access to the entire user's home directory
("home").

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <