Getting Started with DataGrid

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:01:28 EDT 2018

Dear Swami,

We have some free material about datagrids form or table.

1. A tutorial written long time ago before I created DGH, exploring the
very basic concepts of the datagrid control (form and table):
http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/3-tutorials

2. Some demo stacks created for demonstrating datagrid's possibilities such
as drag and drop, calculation, etc
http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/4-lab

3. About your screenshot, a datagrid form will be your better option in my
opinion.

4. And about Data Grid Helper, I can not answer objectively to your
question, for sure. All I can say is the tool has regular updates for
supporting the new versions of LiveCode. A new  major (nothing to do with
our friend Klaus :) (I prefer to specify because he made me the joke on the
livecode forum, haha :) )) 2.5 version has been released in June supporting
dg2 properties, widgets, custom headers, etc. A blog article has been
published about it, with some available screenshots of the new features:
https://livecode.com/data-grid-helper-2-5-adds-support-for-datagrid-2/

Now, if someone in the List want to add a comment about DGH, positive or
not, he / she is welcome. :)

Best Regards,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 9:29 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <

> Hi Swami,
>
> > Am 02.08.2018 um 21:24 schrieb Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
> use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
> >
> > I loaded DataGrid in stack
> >
> > Now I wonder if is tool of choice for
> > http://wiki.hindu.org/screenshots/data-grid-candidate.png
> > There needs to alternate rows, with the "alt" row as blank and showing
> the card .....?? before I go down the path:
> >
> > Yes or No  -- can data grid to this?
>
> YES! :-)
>
> > Brahmanathaswami
>
> Best