Splitting long elements into two lines in an Option Menu

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Apr 27 00:41:14 EDT 2018

Or perhaps use a form type datagrid - which will allow you to present and select multi-lined option more readily.

Regards,

Terry...

On 27/04/2018 2:33 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of dunbarx via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Hi.

    If I were you, with the task you laid out, I would not use an option menu.
    It is not good with wide menuItems, and it is not natural, if even possible,
    to select multiple lines in the way you want.

    Use a list field instead. A field has many properties that are denied an
    optionMenu, which is really just a button.

    You can have multiple lines selected, by trapping "mouseUp", say, and with
    the clickLine, select the following line as well. Or the following five. Or
    the previous. That sort of thing. A field just is far more able in this
    regard.

    Craig Newman