some thoughts on version 9.0.0

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Fri Apr 20 18:11:05 EDT 2018

> On 21 Apr 2018, at 7:54 am, Douglas Ruisaard via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Maybe, Panos... BUT what if someone (like me!) is using one of those "disappearing" inks (sorry for the pun!).  The number of inks which were removed is HUGE! .... I'm supposed to go back to all of my project and live apps and find and replace them???  I don't think so!

Well of course it’s up to you what you do but these inks were deprecated for a long time and were not able to be supported after the skia upgrade. We also had to update the IDE to remove/replace their use. It was a while back and I didn’t keep the stack unfortunately but I wrote a script that iterated all the open stacks and found unsupported inks and then listed the object name so I could go and edit to find an equivalent or just remove it.

On the up side you can now use color emoji’s ;-)

Cheers

Monte