filename in standalones for Mac - changed recently?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Tue Apr 17 11:53:31 EDT 2018

Hi Curtis,

> Am 17.04.2018 um 17:46 schrieb Curtis Ford via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> The other day when firing up TextWrangler, I saw the message that Apple now shows once when opening a 32bit app – that it should be updated (for 64bit). Which got me thinking about older Livecode projects.
>
> A few years ago I did a series of modules for a client (using Livecode 7) that included many mp3 files, in a folder named 'media' and accessed through a player. I had used this in the stack script:
> put gMediaPath & slash & "Resources" & slash & "_MacOS" & slash & "media" & slash into gMediaPath

therefore we have all these nice SPECIALFOLDERPATHs()! 8-)

Use this one:
------------------------------------
on setgMediaPath
  global gMediaPath
  put specialfolderpath("resources") & "/media/" into gMediaPath
end setgMediaPath
------------------------------------
Done!

Same applies to your older projet, too, however!

> 2) Any other issues to be aware of when managing this transition?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Curt

Best

Klaus