Player Controls in Mobile

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Apr 14 20:35:47 EDT 2018

Well in case it useful anyone I went ahead and compiled from dictionary… keep this for reference. iOS command deliberately not include.

Did I miss anything?

MobileControlDo idOrName, propertyName  # command

e.g.

mobileControlCreate "player", "myFirstPlayer"

==================
MobileControlDo idOrName, propertyName   # command

	mobileControlDo "myFirstPlayer", "play"
	mobileControlDo "myFirstPlayer", "pause"
	mobileControlDo "myFirstPlayer", "stop"

==================
MobileControlSet  idOrName, propertyName, value # command

Global Properties
	- "rect": the bounds of the control, relative to the top-left of the card. For example "0,0,100,100".
	- "visible": set to true or false to determine whether the control should be displayed.
	- "alpha": set to an integer value between 0 and 255 to blend the control with and controls underneath it.
	- "backgroundColor": Set to either a standard color name, or a string of the form red,green,blue or red,green,blue,alpha. Where the components are integers in the range 0 to 255.

Player Specific

	- "filename": The filename of URL of the media to play. Setting the filename of the player automatically 'prepares' the movie for playback.
	- "showController": Determines whether the controller is displayed over the content. This is a boolean value.
	- "currentTime": The current position of the playhead, measured in milliseconds (maps to the native currentPlaybackTime property). This is an integer value.
	- "looping": Determines whether the playback of the movie should loop indefinitely. This is a boolean value.

==================

mobileControlGet ( idOrName, propertyName ) # function - include parenthesis

	local tVisibility
	put mobileControlGet("myControlName", "visible") into tVisibility
	if tVisibility is true then
	end if

	- "id": Returns the id of the control where the name is passed.
	- "name": Returns the name of the control where the id is passed.
	- "rect": Returns the bounds of the control, relative to the top-left of the card. For example "0,0,100,100".
	-"visible": Returns true if the control is visible.
	- "alpha": Returns the blendlevel of the control as an integer between 0 and 255.
	- "backgroundColor": Returns the background color of the control as an integer between 0 to 255.
	- "filename": returns the filename or URL of the media set on the player, if any.
	- "showController": returns true if the controller is displayed over the content.
	- "currentTime": returns the current position of the playhead, measured in milliseconds (maps to the native currentPlaybackTime property). This is an integer value.
	- "looping": returns true if the playback of the movie loops indefinitely.
	- "duration": returns the duration of a movie, measured in milliseconds (maps to the native duration property on iOS). This is an integer value.
	- "playableDuration": returns the amount of currently playable content, measured in milliseconds (maps to the native playableDuration property on iOS). This is an integer value.
	- "playable": enough data is available to start playing, but it may run out before playback finishes.
	- "playthrough": enough data has been buffered for playback to continue uninterrupted.
	- "stalled": buffer of data has stalled and playback may pause automatically if the player runs out of data
	- "playing": playback is current underway.
	- "paused": playback is paused and resumes from the point it was paused.
	- "interrupted": playback is temporarily interrupted, perhaps because the buffer ran out of content.
	- "seeking forward": the player is currently seeking towards the end of the movie.
	- "seeking backward": the player is currently seeking towards the beginning of the movie.