Getting Orientation Enforced on Phone

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Apr 13 20:45:37 EDT 2018

BR,

I've tried everything. It's gets even more bizarre. The last time I tested
this is what I got:

iOS: LC respects the device's orientation lock.
Android: LC does NOT respect the device's orientation lock.
iOS: If the LC app is in portrait, iPhone/iPod will change orientation
without rotating the physical device if mobileSetAllowedOrientations set to
only landscape(like Netflix) and lock it there. On iPad LC will not force
the rotation and will not lock it if you rotates the device.
Android: LC will not force the rotation but will lock it if you rotate the
device.

To fix this right we need:
1) mobileSetAllowedOrientations should be just that. This should be a end
user rotation permissions.
2) Add new==> mobileSetOrientation (pOrientation,
pRespectDeviceOrientationLock {true|false})

That's it. Until LC does this, we'll have a mishmash of behaviors and wrong
card rendering. Playing with all sorts of waits is just madness.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net