name resolution stinker

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Apr 12 08:14:40 EDT 2018

I think the problem here is that you are mixing up to methods of referencing controls...

You can either do:

  there is a group tGroupName of ...

As syntax *or* :

  there is a tLongIdOfGroup

The 'group' chunk expects a string which is a name of a group - it isn't the same as putting 'group' in front of the string.

Try making tGridLongName with the word 'group' at the front (I think someone else suggested this) then that should work.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone