name resolution stinker

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Apr 11 12:55:55 EDT 2018

But the variable tGridLongName resolves to:
"dgsites" of card id 1002 of stack "Sites" of stack "/Users/bobsneidar/Documents/Livecode Projects/Forms Generator 8/Forms Generator 8.livecode"

I cannot reference group tGridLongName, but I can reference group tGridShortName of <whatever long owner reference>
Apparently there is a/an <object> only works with short names of objects. Something in the dictionary may be a hint. It says "there is a" is implemented as an internal function so has a lower precedence as other operators.

Bob S