[ANN] Release 9.0.0

Ron Metzker rmetzker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 23:12:40 EDT 2018

Hi Panos,

I updated my two Macs today with LiveCode 9.0.0. Unfortunately I also had a very slow download on both. I have a very fast internet connection. I dowloaded them from within LiveCode by doing an update.

After I had downloaded them, I tried to see what the problem was. I did a test on my internet. It was at the correct speed in the test. So I went to the LiveCode download page and downloaded both the Indy and the Business dmg from the site at the same time. It took only a couple of minutes. So the slowness of the download appears to caused by using the LiveCode download stack. It was probably 20 to 30 times slower than using the download page.

Best Regards,
Ron