Constraining an input field's contents to be a single line.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Sep 20 17:40:29 EDT 2017

Thanks for the prompt Mike.

Short answer - don't know yet, though I suspect I'm going to have to
find out.

I do not currently have "mobile text field objects" - all I have are
just standard LC fields, so returninfield is all I need for the 'return'
part of the problem - no need for 'inputReturnKey'.

However, I also want to trap any attempt to paste in text containing
CRs; I can do that for traditional platforms with a 'pasteKey' handler -
but that doesn't seem to apply to LC fields on mobile, and also there
doesn't appear to be any direct equivalent for mobile text fields
(though there may be other ways to achieve the same result on mobile
text fields - I really haven't looked at them yet).

In fact, maybe that's the question I *should* ask.
     "Should i be  (can I reasonably get away with) using LC fields in
an app targeted for mobiles, or do I really need to use mobile text fields ?

Thanks
Alex.