LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1 Dropping Keystrokes in IDE

RunRevPlanet feed at smpcsupport.com
Wed Sep 20 16:37:34 EDT 2017

@Panos,

Thanks for the tip, very useful.

@Brian

Loaded up the file you mention. Picked a handler near the bottom.

Typed in:

put 1 into item 1 of xData

and it worked. Backspaced over the text so there is an empty line and typed it
again. The bug appears as keystrokes are dropped.

An image of the result in the Script Editor is at this link:

http://thelivecodelab.com/download/dropping-keystrokes.png

This was after carefully typing the same line as above at my normal typing
speed.

I literally am a two finger typist so I don't code as fast as a more proficient
typist, but I am pretty good at it. It wasn't the case of the keystrokes being
slow in appearing (which I am used to) they were definitely being dropped.

I have a lot of work to do for the rest of the this week, so that's it for me on
this topic. (Everyone sighs with relief!)

Looking forward to DP-2 with great anticipation.

Cheers,
--
Scott McDonald
http://thelivecodelab.com/