SivaSiva iOS App Approved - Android Issues/AcceleratedRendering issues

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Sep 19 18:36:35 EDT 2017

On 19/09/2017 18:46, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> Accolades don't help me, I prefer Ruthless Critique (some of my brothers here have already issued scathing reviews

good line :-)

Picky about punctuation ....
in "App News", 10Aug2017, it has
.... button (right on iOS left on Android) after the file
        should be
.... button (right on iOS,  left on Android); after the file
(i.e. added one comma, and one semi-colon ---- other punctuation options
would also work :)

" the index will show is in a green "   - should be 'it', not 'is'

And do I really *need* to start an audio playback to download it ??
I dislike this, in the same kind of way I dislike auto-play web sites.
When I'm in a quiet environment, I shouldn't make sound unless I need
and choose to; maybe it could open with the Player set to 'pause', so it
then took one more action before any sound, and I had a chance to
download without doing that.

Also, when you download you get a 'progress message' which is obscured
by the Player controls.
And the progress message is kind of "amateur" looking -
   Received 123Kb of 23456Kb at 678Kb/serc   is so 1980s.
Give it some kind of visual progress marker (line that fills in, or a
circle that ills round. If you want to give numbers, give the total size
and the remaining seconds or something like that.
Or, if you actually really like the current style, use multiple fields,
or tabs, or something so that the formatting of the current value
(always changing) doesn't make the rest of the text move around.

When I start the app up, I get choices "Gems", "Surprise Me" or
"Listen". If I choose listen, and then make a further choice - it's not
clear how to get back again. I *expected* the Home button to take me to
the home screen - but it takes me one step back (i.e. to 'listen'). I
spent a while trying other ways to get back to the start - because once
I had touched 'home' and it didn't take me there, I didn;t immediately
try it again.

More later if I see anything ...
Alex.