[OT] Alan Kay is angry

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 18:52:45 EDT 2017

There are many critics about the dumbing down of education in many
countries, but only in USA, critics could afford to publish and sell
their ideas:

https://www.amazon.com/Dumbing-Down-America-Nations-Brightest/dp/1618211668

Just imagine that in the country where I live, to get a paying work in
Education, a person just needs the endorsement of a politician or a
bureaucrat... nothing else is needed or required.

For this reason, you could find daily news about party members that have
their whole family receiving US$ 2,000 (or more) monthly as public
employees in the Education Public system or...
Plantation owners who receive a check from the government for every field
worker that is listed as worker in our Education Public system.

By the way, Do you know that in the country where I live, any of you have a
better chance of receiving a payment from the government for your work,
thanks to the services of your country's Embassy?
That's a clear and definite advantage for every foreign worker or
consultant.

How many of you would want to work for a government that requires that an
Embassy collect the payments for your work? :-o

Al