LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1 Dropping Keystrokes in IDE

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Sep 18 11:07:20 EDT 2017

On 09/17/2017 05:46 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:

> I'd guess it's the 7000 lines. The autocomplete lookups may not be able
> to deal with that much text fast enough. Does it work for you with a
> tiny little script? How about if you type one letter at a time and count
> to five in between? Or 10?

FWIW, the glx2 script editor aggregates the necessary information for
autocompletion when you load a new script. There's a negligible delay at
startup while it parses all the stacks in use, but then no delay while
you're editing. Might be worth refactoring the SE if it's actually doing
a lookup for every keystroke.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com