Wrapping Android Speech-to-Text?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 07:30:52 EDT 2017

Having got Android speech input working, how easy would it be to do a similar thing to wrap Android's speech-to-text facility?  I understand that it uses an on-line link to Google's voice input resources, which would be great for a number of purposes. Obviously, off-line would be better still, but on-line seems to be straightforward from my understanding of the following:

https://www.androidhive.info/2014/07/android-speech-to-text-tutorial/

I don't have the knowledge to take the above and wrap it for LC use, is anyone on the list able to do this?

Note that there's an equivalent tutorial for the reverse process, text-to-speech:

https://www.androidhive.info/2012/01/android-text-to-speech-tutorial/

How great would it be to build apps with LC that can communicate by voice (at least for Android devices)?!

Thanks

Peter
--
Peter Reid
71 Leconfield Road, Loughborough, Leics. LE11 3SP, UK
Email: peter at reidit.net