[ANN] Release 8.2.0 DP-1

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Thu Sep 14 00:09:08 EDT 2017

For the autocomplete feature, would discussion be better in a thread here
or in bugzilla?  Some things that I'm looking at could just be considered
developer preferences vice actual bugs.  Here are a few examples:

- there is no indication that you are at the end of a list so the down
arrow will just roll you to the next line
- same for top of list (not really an issue when it first appears, but if
going back up it could be)

- the ordering of syntax seems a little off (look at answer for example, I
would think that "answer prompt" would be first and "answer prompt with
button1" would come before "answer prompt with button1 or buttons").  The
idea is to include required terms first and insert the optional terms in a
similar way (so the optional term without the nested one comes before the
one including the nested optional term).

- in other auto-complete editors (Atom), typing the closing character will
skip over it if it is the next character instead of adding another set.  So
when you type " and "" gets inserted.  If you then type a word followed by
a " you would end up outside of the quoted word instead of with the
insertion point inside a nested quote.  ["test"| vice "test"|"" where | is
the insertion point].  Similar situation for [].  Often it would be easier
to just type the closing character than to reach for the mouse or use an
arrow key to skip.

Thanks,
Brian

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <