script/engine broken when moved to 64bit server at JaguarPC

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Sep 8 12:15:26 EDT 2017

Hi Curt,

On 2017-09-08 17:53, Curtis Ford via use-livecode wrote:
> I tried uploading the 64bit version (from
> LiveCodeServer-8_1_6-Linux-x86_64.zip) and setting permissions to 755,
> but without success. JaguarPC isn't familiar with Livecode and hasn't
> been able to suggest anything; the older, 32bit server we were on,
> peach, has been retired and we can't go back to it.

Do you get any error information? Or is it just an Internal Server Error
500 page you get when you try and access it via a CGI?

It could be that the JaguarPC installation doesn't have all the
dependencies needed by the server engine. You can find out if this is
the problem if you have SSH access by doing:

   ldd <server engine exe>

This should tell you whether the dependencies on the system are
compatible with the LiveCode Server engine - 'ldd' checks that the
system has all the dynamic libraries installed which an executable
implicitly requires to run.

If all of them seem to be in order, then you can try running the engine
from the command-line - if it runs from the command-line, then that
suggests it is something to do with the setup of the web-server / CGI
rather than the engine.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps