TSNet error 6

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Sep 1 17:10:02 EDT 2017

J,

I have run into many network issues on mobile. The chance that the user
might have a weak cell/wifi signal, move from cellular==>wifi or
wifi==>cellular is higher than one would think. This would be my first
guess. I always ask the user if Safari/Chrome is serving up pages. 99% of
the time network funnies are caused by weak/changing network access. The
amount of error checking and combinations thereof has been very challenging.
The first thing I do before any network access is to ping my server with a
https request to a LC backend server script that returns "OK". I set the
timeout for 2 seconds. If the returned data is not "OK" or take more than 2
seconds then I put the app into off-line mode. I try to ping the server
every time the users does "x" or the user's action again need network access
and see if the network is back online or fast enough.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net