iPhone X or "Apple is just the most annoying company of all time"

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Nov 7 14:08:42 EST 2017

FYI: While doing the iPhone X screen shots for iTunes Connect I realized that the iPhone X is much more "portraitity" than any other device I have run across. I have some serious re-working to do. The iPhone X aspect ratio is something like 19:9 where the iPhone 8 is more-or-less a standard 16:9. Brings me back to when I hand filed aperture plates for half-frame-flat movie projection.

FYI: iOS developers.

iPhone X Dimensions
Portrait  1125px × 2436px (375pt × 812pt @3x)
Landscape 2436px × 1125px (812pt × 375pt @3x)

I compiled the safe areas in points and pixels for iPhone X:

   Portrait right side up safe area margins:
   Left: 0
   Top: 44 Pts 132 Pixels
   Right: 0
   Bottom: 34 Pts 102 Pixels