The coming of SVG

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 22:33:50 EDT 2017

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Seconded.  When I first read Mark's post I was wary of "picture",
> but on further reflection I remembered Apple's PICT file/data type,
> distinct from PNTG as the latter was exclusively bitmap data but
> PICT could contain a mix of vectors and bitmaps.
> If it's good enough for Apple, it's good enough for me.

Count my vote, too. :-)

By the way, this new control type, Could allow easier implementation
of image libraries, where you store a single instance of a bitmap
or graphic and then LiveCode engine just rebuild your picture
from the original data applying all transformation or changes
applied to the new instance of this same picture?

That is the way in which Xara and other programs manages
vector symbols and bitmap images:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTuTe6LG6cA

Al