which port is beeing used with get URL?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri May 19 05:00:55 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-19 10:40, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode wrote:
> Am I right, that using "put URL" is a standard http:// protocol via
> port
> 8080? Or is there a special port being used by LC?

HTTP is port 80 - HTTPS is port 443.

LC does not do anything non-standard here (unless you specify, e.g.
http://livecode.com:93).

> Are there any ideas from your experience, what and how to check for to
> find
> the blocking factor in a customer network?

Right, so - we know there are problems with LiveCode's networking stack
communicating in some network environments. However, the problem is that
we're not sure what configurations are actually causing the problem.

Trevor DeVore has done a lot of work over the years to help improve the
internet settings auto-discovery, to make LiveCode much better in this
regard; however, things still aren't perfect.

If we can find a way to fetch all the info about places which are not
letting libURL work, then we can look into making it work... The problem
is working out how to collect that information.

If anyone has any ideas on this score then that would be most helpful!

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps