[ANN] This Week in LiveCode 82

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue May 16 04:49:21 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-15 21:11, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
> I just looked in the dictionary of 6.7.5 (my daily driver), and only
> srcCopy concerns me, as it is the default for any image placed as a
> control.  I also found an image that I had placed with addMax applied.
> This saved me the trouble of taking it into Photoshop of Gimp to create
> the
> same effect.  I'll roll with the changes.

As I said elsewhere, srcCopy is the same as blendSrcOver and only has
a distinction when it is applied to a group.

In terms of the others, there are effects you can get with the 'legacy'
inks
and it is useful to file those uses with us so we can see what they are
and
how to add replacements.

In the case of things applied to images, a general convolve/colormatrix
type
property would probably give much more flexibility - and fit in much
better
with the 'graphics pipelines' of today (rather than those of the
1980's).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps