http calls blocked by virus protection?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 5 12:27:24 EDT 2017

Paul Dupuis wrote:

 > On 5/5/2017 10:29 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >> Paul Dupuis wrote:
 >>
 >> > Outbound standard http connections on port 80 should NOT be block -
 >> > BY DEFAULT - but I just ran into a customer at a commercial
 >> > research site where the company block ALL internet connections
 >> > except those to pre-approved web sites, so some places have really
 >> > extreme internet security practices.
 >>
 >> Seems perhaps overkill for a research company to block most of the
 >> web. ;)
 >>
 > Just a tad bit, and yet, I could email the customer - at their company
 > email address, attachments including an EXE. Someone at this place did
 > not think their IT security through at all =-O

OMG.

Tip for anyone here looking to expand their careers, or help young
people get started:  the future is in security.

Hundreds of thousands of jobs currently unfillable for lack of available
talent.

Consider CSSP or other relevant certifications, and the world is your
oyster.

This is the dangerous climate we're in in the meantime:

<http://www.darkreading.com/endpoint/cybersecurity-training-nonexistent-at-one-third-of-smbs-/d/d-id/1328766>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems