looking for a smart approach to "sort" an array

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri May 5 10:52:30 EDT 2017

Bob, can you do a custom sort using order by with sqlite?  I did some
digging and see a way, but for this purpose it seems complicated and I'm
wondering if there is something better than what I found. Basically what I
found was this..

ORDER BY
  CASE ID
    WHEN 4 THEN 0
    WHEN 3 THEN 1
    WHEN 1 THEN 2
    WHEN 5 THEN 3
    WHEN 6 THEN 4
  END

So to my thinking one would build a large "order by" with all the
words and their associated line numbers so you could do

WHEN 'myfirstword' THEN 0.. etc for each word and its line number in
the list.  (Always interested in new ways)

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <