http calls blocked by virus protection?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri May 5 07:03:38 EDT 2017

I am not sure what sort of connection you are doing to your server, but
both OSX's Firewall and Windows Firewall will try to block *incoming*
connections to an app (for example, if you have your app listening for
an incoming connection using the 'accept' command. Outbound standard
http connections on port 80 should NOT be block - BY DEFAULT - but I
just ran into a customer at a commercial research site where the company
block ALL internet connections except those to pre-approved web sites,
so some places have really extreme internet security practices.