[ANN] Release 9.0.0 DP-5

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 06:44:56 EST 2017

One of the points that might be brought up at this point is that
LiveCode in presented as a complete
programming language/packet in itself; there is no indication given that
users of LiveCode are expected
to know other, lower-level languages too.

I suspect that a very high proportion of people who use LiveCode,
whether one of the 2 commercial offerings, or the free offering, do so
just because they have either (like myself) done their level best
to forget all the command-line languages of their youth, or don't know
any and don't wish to learn any.

Richmond.