align field scrolls

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Sun Mar 5 21:26:06 EST 2017

I have a stack that does a similar thing, but with numbers and I just use the following script in the main field;

on scrollBarDrag pScroll
   set the vScroll of fld  “lineNumbers" to pScroll

end scrollBarDrag

Provided both fields have the same number of lines and the text properties are identical they should stay aligned correctly.

Or a simpler version would be;
set the vScroll of fld 2 to the vScroll of fld 1

Paul