Server Installation

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Tue Jun 27 20:49:10 EDT 2017

On 06/27/2017 02:41 PM, Simon Smith via use-livecode wrote:
>   developers need
> something reliable that they can get up and running quickly and does not
> require in depth knowledge of Linux to get setup.

Perhaps people should be encouraged to consider alternatives to Apache.
I suspect that for a lot of users wanting to simply run LiveCode scripts
or serve dynamic content based on LiveCode scripts, most of the
capability and flexibility of Apache is wasted overhead. If one has
control over the software, it seems sensible to me to consider options
which allow more reliably simple configuration.

I use Hiawatha <https://www.hiawatha-webserver.org>. It's dead simple to
configure it to work with LC-Server. I have seen someone suggest the
Abyss web server:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8775>. There are
others. It may be that spending a little time researching alternatives
will pay you back in time (and aggravation!) in getting things running.

Warren