GLX apps and 8.15

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Jun 27 01:53:49 EDT 2017

> On 27 Jun 2017, at 3:47 pm, James Hale via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> However would it be possible to spell out in a bit more detail why the mentioned pull request blew this up?

The reason is because the send command first tries to send a message and if it’s not found it tries to do the message as a script snippet in the context of the target object. Previously errors in this second stage weren’t being kept on the error stack so the caller wasn’t notified correctly of the errors. Now they are but this change is a side effect in the specific case of a handler that isn’t found. Trevor is completely correct that dispatch is the better solution for this use case and I should have thought of that!

Cheers

Monte